Before Marvin’s, convenient and great tasting snacks meant compromising on flavour, health, sustenance, or environmental impact. Why do the foods we buy have to contain added fats, sugars, starches, chemicals, colourings and preservatives? And why is it always packaged in plastics that outlive us?
We knew snacking could be better. We could do better.
With a background in advanced mathematics, equestrian nutrition and biology, combined with a PhD in Organic Chemistry from Oxford, Heather had the perfect combination of skills along with the level of persistence to solve this enormous snack challenge.
After months of experimentation and a ton of machinery experiments, Heather developed a unique [patent pending] method to create crisps, crackers or biscuits out of virtually any hot or cold meal, just by removing the water! And because of all the fresh and natural ingredients, they not only look and taste incredible, but are also highly nutritious- naturally low in calories, high in fibre, and up to 350% more protein than standard crisps!
With fresh ingredients came almost no limitations. In true Willy Wonka style, Heather and the Marvin’s team have created 50+ flavours, to date, including pea and ham soup, carrot cake and even chocolate and chilli!
Remain curious and challenge the status-quo.
If something can be better, or needs to change, then make it happen. We exist to innovate, not conform.
Without failure, there is no improvement.
Perfection is a misconception. Never be afraid of getting it wrong. Trying, then trying again is how we learn and improve.
Have fun, enjoy the little things in life.
Who says business should be boring? We work hard and play harder, because life is too short not to make silly faces out of crisps.
Being kind and considerate matters.
We do our best to always be honest and have integrity. We take care of each other and our planet, because that's the way it should be.
Heather Daniell: Brand creator, avid innovator, and status-quo challenger
With a PhD in Organic Chemistry from Oxford University, and former consultant in renewable energy, Heather is a curious and innovative human being who constantly challenges how things are done. Without her amazing brain, Salad Crisps and Curry Crisps wouldn't exist!
Michaela Simpson: Machinery maverick and a legendary all-rounder
From trucker to equine specialist and machinery maverick, is there anything Michaela can't do?! By her own admission, she's a bit of a wild child. Most days you'll find her taking care of the horses and the farm, or building production machinery. Amazing.
Hannah Rowlinson: Kitchen queen and content creator
Spending 60% of her working week in the Marvin's kitchen creating spectacular flavours and the other 40% out taking care of the furry friends on the farm, Hannah is huge part of all things Marvin's.
Hannah Silverstein: Branding and marketing nerd, with a rebellious streak
Hannah has never been one to follow rules, in fact quite the opposite, she's always forged her own path. With a MSc in Marketing and Strategic Brand Management, and a passion for challenger brands, Hannah is the driving force behind the look and feel of Marvin's.